I'm a newbie to this Pinterest phenomena and I. Just. Can't. Get. Enough. For those of you not in the know, Pinterest is an online pinboard where you can share and organize all the beautiful things you find on the web. People use Pinterest to plan their weddings, decorate their homes and organize their favorite recipes.
Here is what my page looks like:
Each board represents a different collection of looks, recipes, quotes, ideas, that i find either brilliant or just plain inspiring. I have boards for dreamy interiors, home-maven tips, fashion do's, recipes and more. I love how it still has that social factor where I can connect with friends or other people that are pinning items of similar taste/interest to me.
Still not sold?
Here are 10 reasons you should be on Pinterest:
- You have piles of random clippings (or in my case, random saved pics in different folders on my Mac) from various interior design, lifestyle and fashion sites/mags/blogs that you would LOVE to consolidate in one place.
- You're dying to get crafty inspirations and DIY how-to's from a variety of sources at the same time. (This is not me by the way, but I still love seeing what craftiness my other friends are pinning about.)
- You're a foodie (or a "wannabe" like me) that loves to get great recipes and tips about all things gourmet or crockpot -- whatever tickles your fancy.
- You want to save all the furniture finds you've found for that living room renovation you've got planned.
- The pantry or closet is a shambles and you're in need of some organization ideas to get you motivated for a little Spring cleaning.
- You're looking for stylish Fall or Winter or Spring ensembles to add to your wardrobe. (I found the perfect brown boots by searching on Pinterest. No joke. And we all know how elusive a pair of perfect brown boots can be -- can I get an "Amen!")
- You're burnt (or burned, I can never remember?) out on all the other social media time sucks.
- You're tired of reading random status updates from your FB "friends" about their political gripes or how Applebee's got their order wrong that night.
- If you have another "social media expert" follow you on Twitter you might have to gag.
- (This is really the number 1 reason.) I'm on it daily and you are jones-ing for another way to connect with me. ;-)
So join Pinterest my friends. Sign up, request an invite or hit me up for an invite...you won't be sorry. Let's pin together!